6th July 2023
Peades d'Aigua - PDA
A tour around the most important glacial cirque in the Pyrenees
The race of the lakes
The PDA is a race unlike any other.
Its 55 kilometres of mountain with 3,300 metres of positive difference in altitude and 3,700 metres of negative difference in altitude await you in this adventure through the mountains of Naut Aran. A race that reaches almost 2,600 metres, where the "Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici" National Park takes centre stage. A fast but very demanding race.
Athletes must wear the mandatory equipment at all times during the race and be prepared for random checks along the course. Any missing items will result in a time penalty or disqualification.
- Closed shoes suitable for trail running.
- Backpack or similar to carry the obligatory equipment.
- Cell phone on (smartphone recommended).
- Personal glass of at least 15cl.
- Plates and eating utensils.
- Water reserve of 1l minimum.
- Survival blanket of 1,40m x 2m minimum.
- Adhesive elastic band (min. 100 cm x 6 cm).
- Food reserve. Recommendation: 800kcal (2 gels + 2 energy bars of 65g each).
- Jacket with hood to withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof membrane minimum 10,000 mm water column and breathable (recommended RET less than 13).
- Waterproof pants cover.
- Cap or bandana or piece of clothing that covers the head.
- Warm, waterproof gloves.
All clothing must be of the participant's size and unaltered after leaving the factory. All the material will be transported in a backpack or similar that must be marked during the delivery of bibs and that cannot be changed during the race.
Assistance is NOT allowed in the race, at any point of the course.
Hares are not allowed to set the pace in the race.
CHOOSE YOUR QUEST
Join a passionate community of runners from all corners of the world. Choose your distance and enjoy the best landscapes of the Val d'Aran!
Do you like the mountains? This is the place for you! If you want to live a unique experience and participate in an extraordinary event that every year brings together thousands of people from all over the world... Join our team of volunteers!
Provide personal assistance along the course at aid stations or follow the race from home to share the journey with your favorite runner.
Be part of an extraordinary adventure and share incredible emotions! Be part of the success of the race!