Experiència d'Aran - EXP
Live the experience of a race in the Val d'Aran from within
Sunday 7th July 2024
VIELHA - 08:00
Max Allowed Race Time
07 Hours 15 Minutes
32 kilometres to get you hooked on trail running
Speed, beauty, and exigency. The EXP, Expèriencia d'Aran, is a race for everyone. For those who are just starting out in the exciting world of trail running, middle-distance enthusiasts, or for those who want to combine it with other challenges.
A circular route, with 2,100 metres of negative difference in altitude, that "flies" over Vielha, and offers images that are hard to forget.
32 kilometres of happiness within the reach of anyone who dares to let themselves be conquered by the exciting world of trail running.
- The appropriate closed-toe shoe for trail running.
- Pack or similar to carry the mandatory equipment during the race.
- Mobile phone (smartphone MANDATORY): the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race: - Mobile phone with international roaming allowing for its use in Spain and France (load into its memory the organisation's security numbers, don't mask your number and don't forget to start the race with the battery fully charged). - Keep the phone on, airplane mode is prohibited and could give rise to penalties. - Livetrail application installed and activated.
- Personal beaker 15 cl minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted).
- Supply of water of 1 litre minimum.
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum.
- Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane with a minimum 10 000 mm water column (recommended RET less than 13). The jacket must have an integrated hood attached by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer. The seams must be heat-sealed. The jacket must not have any parts made of non-waterproof fabric, only the vents provided by the manufacturer (under the arms, on the back) and as long as they do not obviously alter the waterproofing, are accepted. It is the responsibility of the runner to judge, according to these criteria, whether his jacket is adapted to the regulations and therefore to bad weather in the mountains. At the checkpoints, the judgement of the person in charge of the checkpoint or the commissaire shall prevail.
All clothing items must fit the runner - in terms of size - and they must not be altered in any way after leaving the factory.
The mandatory equipment must be carried in a running pack for the duration of the whole race and is not interchangeable during the race.
Other recommended equipment (list non exhaustive):
- Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
- Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
- Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
- GPS watch.
If you choose to take poles, it is for the duration of the race. It is forbidden to start without poles and recuperate them during the course of the race.
Music: Listening to music using earphones only, is tolerated, so long as it is safe to do so. Any earphones MUST be removed when crossing any roads, as well as on approach to, and whist at, any checkpoints and when approaching and passing any Safety Team members.
Assistance is NOT allowed in the race, at any point of the course.
Pacers are not allowed to set the pace in the race.