IF YOU TRAVEL BY CAR
By car from Spain:
Access to the Val d'Aran is via 2 routes:
- On the A-14 and the N-230, through the Vielha tunnel.
- On the C-28, through Port de la Bonaigua.
Distances in kilometres: • Barcelona: 350 km • Zaragoza: 250 km • San Sebastián: 305 km • Bilbao: 405km • Valencia: 480 km • Madrid: 560 km
By car from France or the Basque Country:
- By the French road N-125, from Montrejeau, which becomes the N-230 as it passes the border at Pont de Rei.
- From Bagneres de Luchon via the Col de Portilhon.
Distances in kilometres: • Toulouse: 165km • Bordeaux: 361km • Pau: 157km • Tarbes: 161km • Montrejeau: 60km
IF YOU TRAVEL BY BUS
Barcelona and Lleida to Vielha
The public transport company ALSA covers the Val d'Aran with direct connections from Barcelona, as well as regular and daily services from Barcelona and Lleida. It also provides a service that links the different towns in the valley.
Timetable information and ticket bookings at www.alsa.com
IF YOU TRAVEL BY TRAIN
The Val d'Aran has no direct train service.
The nearest train stations are:
Lleida-Pirineus (AVE) a 165kms. Access to the valley by regular ALSA buses or hire car.
Montrejeau (TER-Regional) a 60kms.
Toulouse (TVA) a 165kms.
Tarbes (TVA) a 161kms.
Ferrocarriles España: Visit the website:RENFE www.renfe.es
Ferrocarriles Francia: Visit the website: SNCF www.sncf.com
IF YOU TRAVEL BY PLANE
The Val d'Aran has no direct flights. The cities with the nearest airports are the following
- Barcelona Airport: : 350Km WEB
- Toulouse-Blagnac Airport: 166Km WEB
- Tarbes-Lourdes Airport: 161Km WEB
- Lleida Airport: 145Km WEB
- Pau Airport: 157Km WEB
- Zaragoza Airport: 290Km WEB
Getting to Vielha e Mijaran from these towns must be done by road: public transport, bus, private transport or taxi.
The nearest airport is Toulouse airport in France, 166kms away, with international flights and connections to the main European airports.
From Toulouse to Val d'Aran, there are 3 options:
- By bus (3h40): TOULOUSE – ST. GAUDENS – VAL D’ARAN (Regular line: Frequency twice a day).
--LIO 394 Les (Val d'Aran) > Barbazan > Saint-Gaudens DOWNLOAD TIMETABLES AND BUS STOPS HERE.
By car(2h00): TOULOUSE – VAL D’ARAN (Car rental).
Transport service upon request: TOULOUSE – VAL D’ARAN (Olperer: with previous reservation). The nearest international airport in Spain is Barcelona, 350kms away, and the recommended airport for international flights.
There are 2 ways to get from Barcelona to the Val d'Aran:
- By bus (5h30): BARCELONA – VAL D’ARAN. Regular ALSA bus line: Several frequencies per day. Check fares and timetables at www.alsa.es.
- By car(3h30): BARCELONA – VAL D’ARAN (Car rental).