Registrations will go on sale on the website www.valdaran.utmb.world on September 19 at 11:00 a.m. (CET, local time Barcelona and Paris) by direct purchase, without pre-registration and lottery.
Registrations will be open until June 16th, 2024, or until bibs are sold out. In case bibs are sold out before February 15th, the organization has the right to create a waiting list to cover possible cancellations. In this case, all interested runners will be contacted before May 31st, 2024. Registrations will be made exclusively through the organization’s website and payment will be made by credit card. Registrations are open to any person, man or woman, born in the following years:
- VDA, CDH, PDA and EXP (minimum age 20 years): year of birth 2004 or earlier.
- SKY (minimum age 20 years): year of birth 2004 or earlier.
- SKY PROMESAS (minimum age 16 years): year of birth 2008, 2007, 2006, or 2005.
- To register to the VDA race, runners need to prove their experience in running long distance trail running race. They will be asked to have a performance index in the 100K or 100M categories. Further information CLICK HERE. To check your UTMB Index CLICK HERE
However, it is important to be aware of the demands of the terrain and that these are semi-self-sufficient races. Val d’Aran by UTMB® is not an event to start in trail running races. For this reason, the organization recommends having a UTMB® Index, that is a minimum performance level, of 400 in the race category (100M, 100k and 50k) to be carried out since it is the value with which the cut-off hours have been fixed. With a UTMB® Index below that figure, it is very likely that the runner will not be able to overcome the cut-off barriers by not complying with the established times. It is advisable not to enroll in either the VDA, or the CDH, with a UTMB® Index less than 400. The organization is very demanding in the fulfillment of the maximum hourly barriers of passage.
For security and control reasons, the registration is nominal and non-transferable. It is not allowed to transfer the registration to another race or another person, whatever the reason. Therefore, in case of not being able to attend, the runner must process the cancellation through the enabled channels.
Registration prices are variable and are limited to a specific number of bibs. Minimum and Maximum registration price for each race, VAT included, are as follows :
The prices include all taxes and fees applicable at all times, in accordance with current legislation. An 8% bank and administrative registration fee will be added to this price. This amount is non-refundable in case of cancellation, even if it is with contracted insurance.
- Right to participate in the race.
- Nominative bib number. Bracelet. Sleep bib, if any.
- Participation gift.
- Life bag for use during the race. In the races VDA, CDH and PDA.
- Chips (2) for time control.
- Livetrail monitoring platform, to monitor the runner by companions.
- Livetrail APP for race management by the runner, and SOS system.
- Access to the aid stations with food and drinks.
- Transportation to departure points at CDH and PDA.
- Way-marking, and personnel control in the mountains.
- Medical assistance in the race.
- Management and transport of spare bags (CDH and VDA), and starter bag (PDA).
- Finisher’s medal.
- Diploma for finishers.
- Final career services; showers and final supplies depending on the races.
- Civil Liability Insurance for the participants.
- Obtaining Running Stones for the UTMB® Mont-Blanc draw, being a finisher.
A) Cancellation insurance
Runners are offered the possibility to subscribe to a cancellation insurance. Purpose of cancellation insurance is to reimburse registration fees paid for the 2024 Val d’Aran by UTMB® event.
Runners who wish to subscribe to the cancellation policy will be asked to pay an additional 12% of the total amount, to be added to the registration fee. Cancellation insurance must be booked exclusively at the time of registration. More information HERE.
Cancellation of an entry or non-participation in the race does not entitle the runner to benefit from a priority entry for a subsequent year.
There will be no type of refund for runners who wish to cancel their registration and have not contracted their cancellation insurance.
B) Exceptional conditions in case of event cancellation
If the event or a race is canceled, or if the event must be organized differently (for example, one or more races must be canceled), for any reason not attributable to the control of UTMB® Iberia, more than 30 days before the start, runners may be partially reimbursed for entry fees. In such a case, the amount of the refund would be decided in a way that allows the organization to meet the expenses incurred from the date of cancellation.
a) Transfer to another runner For security and control reasons, registration is personal and non-transferable. However, it is allowed to transfer the registration up to 31st May to another runner as long as this runner also meets the requirements established in the regulations to register for the race. Transfer is only allowed within the same race. The initial payment will not be refunded and the new runner will have to pay an additional fee of € 20 +8% for management. Only the registration is transferred, other purchases such as accident insurance, voluntary contributions, transport tickets, etc., will not be refunded or transferred. WE RECOMMEND THAT NO PAYMENT IS MADE until receive the transfer confirmation email sent from the registration platform.
In order to proceed with the transfer:
- if you have purchased the refund insurance you can sent and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the transfer. In reply to this e-mail, you will receive a form to formalise the transfer, in which you must provide the details of the beneficiary of the transfer.
- if you haven´t purchased the refund insurance you can transfer your register from your panel dashboard (at the bottom of the dashboard you will find a box for the transfer)
b) Transfer to another race in the same event It is possible to change from one race to another race of shorter distance up to 1 month before (31st May) the race if places are available. The difference in registration fees will not be refunded. It is also possible to request a change of registration to a race of a longer distance. This change will not be made automatically, and it will be up to the race organisers to decide whether to accept it or not. In this case, the runner will have to pay the difference in price. The price will be the price in force at the time of the acceptance of the change by the organisation.
Each competitor must, obligatorily, be in possession of a personal accident insurance that covers the cost of search and rescue and evacuation in the mountains of Spain and France, up to 3.000 m altitude. It must also cover hospitalization expenses. The insurance must cover the practice of trail running and participation in long distance races in the mountains. The insurance can be subscribed from any organization, federation, or insurance company, at the participant's choice, as long as it complies WITH THE REQUIREMENTS INDICATED ABOVE. Verify with your insurance company or federation that your insurance meets the requirements. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RUNNER TO HAVE THE APPROPRIATE INSURANCE. THE ORGANIZATION WILL ONLY VERIFY THAT THE RUNNER HAS INSURANCE AND THAT IT IS VALID. IN THE CASE OF NOT COMPLYING WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS, IT WILL BE THE RUNNER HIMSELF/HERSELF WHO WILL HAVE TO PAY THE MEDICAL AND RESCUE EXPENSES.
Nonetheless, the organization offers to runners without the adequate insurance, or that want to extend their insurance cover, the possibility to obtain insurance at the moment of registration. Highly recommended to runners.
Medical evacuation with helicopter and hospitalization might be subject to a fee. The choice of evacuation method depends exclusively on the organization, which will systematically put the runner's security first. The choice of the method of evacuation and the actual choice of hospital is at the discretion of the search and rescue and medical officials. Expenses arising from the use of exceptional methods of rescue or evacuation have to be paid by the person rescued who will also have to pay their return from the place to where they were evacuated. It falls to the runner to create their file and present it to their insurance company within the stated time limit.
The organisation takes out a third-party Civil Responsibility insurance for the duration of the event for each of the runners (already included in the registration price), according to Generalitat de Catalunya’s regulations, competent authority in this case.
In regard of justified recognition for athletes of a high calibre and for fair management of registration, we reserve places for elite athletes, who request a place, according to their performance index. Elite runners must register before 30th May 2024. Entries will not be accepted after the deadline. If a race is sold out, the organisers reserve the right to accept or reject the registration of an elite.
|Direct and free entry||710||690||650|
|Direct and paid entry||650||610||560||Or the Top3 runners of their countries|
|Direct and free entry||850||820||800|
|Direct and paid entry||800||770||720||Or the Top3 runners of their countries|
See the requirements to qualify as an elite athlete HERE.
Runners who meet the criteria can benefit from the above registration conditions. They must request their registration through the mail email@example.com.
In return, the elite runners agree to:
• Be present at any press conferences and official ceremonies to which they are invited.
• Be present at prize-giving ceremonies if it concerns them.
• Accept to carry a GPS tracker, supplied by the organisation at the start of the race, throughout the totality of the race; then to return this tag at the end of their race.
• Be present at the start line no later than 20 minutes before the start of the event.
• Publish at least a post in their Social Networks indicating their participation, tagging @aranbyutmb.
UTMB® strives to facilitate and encourage the participation of women in trail running races, and has therefore implemented a new policy concerning pregnancy which applies to all the events of the UTMB® World Series circuit.
Athletes with a pregnant partner.
Athletes who adopt or procreate through surrogacy.
You can find all the information HERE.